Monday, September 9, 2013

Riding along in my automobile...

Car talk. Isn't it the best with kids? At least I know the conversations that go down in my car are pretty darn hilarious! Here are a few that Daws and I have had lately that I don't want to forget. :)

=> "Dog Turd Park"

So...sorry in advance. There's quite a few references to poop on this one. If you're not a poop talker you should probably just skip over to the next one. I can't help it, I'm one of "those people" who thinks poop jokes are funny.

This past Saturday I decided I was going to take the kids to the park and to get frozen yogurt after they woke up from nap to pass the time until the hubs got home from work. Saturdays are long days for us, so anything to get us closer to bedtime is a winner in my book! ;) I was thinking of trying a different park just because. Well, I decided on one hoping it wasn't the one we stumbled upon last year in a not so great area. Funny thing is, is that is a really nice park! They splash area is awesome, and the playground itself is great! But...not gonna lie, it kind of makes me want to have 911 on speed dial just in case someone gets shot. With that being said, it really isn't THAT bad...I'm just dramatic.

Anyways, I couldn't remember if the park I had just entered into Google Maps was that one or somewhere totally different. Here's how the convo went down:

Me: (After I entered the address in Google Maps) "18 minutes!"

Daws: "18 minutes, what? What's 18 minutes?"

Me: "This better not be a dog turd park." (Code for: this park better not be a piece of shit if I have to drive almost 20 minutes this close to dinner time!)

Daws: "Dog turd park?" Where's the turd, there a turd at the park?"

Me: "Oh, never mind."

Daws: "Why are we going to dog turd park?"

Turns out it wasn't per say "dog turd park", just the semi-not so desirable, please let me live to see Halloween park. But good news, we survived. And just for the record, we will not be visiting that park again anytime soon. We left after about 20 minutes, and headed for the safe zone--Orange Leaf!

=> "Who's Jack?"

Our convo on the way to school this morning:

Me: {On the way to school trying to dodge the sun} "Geez, I can't see jack out here!"

Daws: "Huh, what? Who's Jack?" 

=> Dawson loves to say that we are "uptown" whenever we are driving on an overpass or anywhere where he can see cars below. He calls the cars below "downtown." It makes me smile every time he says it. :)

=> For some reason he's kind of obsessed with road kill. Lovely, huh? D's fave line that he says when we see something in the road is from Toy Story 2. "I may not be a smart dog, but I know what road kill is." -Slinky 

=> 85% of the time car rides with Daws are hilarious. The other 15%, he's equally annoying his baby brother or me. ;) I only let him watch movies when we go on trips that are around 2 hours. Call me lame-o Mom, but I don't think he needs to watch a movie while we're just driving to Target or Panera. 

With that being said...I'll take all of the annoying, hilarious, sweet, get me the hell out of this car moments with my Daws. Because ya just never know what you're going to get when you step inside! ;)

Starbucks in our jammies. This is real life people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love to read your comments! :)