Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Weekend Re-cap

Our weekend started off per the usual-Garry working all day Saturday, me at the gym. Oh, so exciting! ;) After Zumba, we headed to Target to get a birthday present for a party we were going to later that afternoon. Last minute shopping=always! Naps were next on the agenda, then party time. It still blows my mind that Dawson and all of his friends are celebrating their 4th birthday! His group of friends have all grown up together, starting from about 3 months on. So we've gone to lots a zillion parties over these past 4 years. ;) It's been so fun watching everyone grow up...just a little lot sad that they are all getting so old. Daws and Teag started Gymboree with each other when they were 3 months old, and we've been planning their wedding ever since. ;) So time, why don't you just slow down a bit...okay? 
Here is a glimpse into the Lalaloopsy backyard bash :) 
Dawson had a blast! How could you not with a bounce house, car rollercoaster, teeter-toter, playhouse, swingset, sand table, and his favorite--the electric cars! 
Hudson was perfectly content people-watching and trying to eat grass. ;)


After the boys went to bed, it was only natural that I was STILL working on Father's Day gifts for my Dad and the hubs. I work best under pressure, okay! Well, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it! 

Sunday morning we got up bright and early, packed up "Big Red"{aka the family van}, and we're off to my parents house to spend the day with my Dad. The 1 hr. 45 min. trip was a breeze this time. Mostly because Dawson has decided he now loves his head phones. Score! So...he watched The Lion King, Hudson slept off and on, and I pumped up the Usher radio on Pandora and watched my husband attempt to "dougie" while driving. Pure comedy, I tell ya!

There were no big plans, other than just a day of visiting. It was nice to spend the day with all of my favorite boys! I seriously hit the jackpot in the "Dad" department. Both my Dad and husband are the absolute best dads. I am so lucky that Daws and Huds have them as role models. :) After we stuffed ourselves with pizza, napped, and visited some more...it was back to Indy we went! I say it all the time, but I really am blessed to have such a wonderful family!

All of these projects/poems were, of course, stolen from Pinterest!





These boys are so lucky! :)


My four favorite men!
My Dad and sisters.

Definitely saved the best for last. ;)

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend celebrating the men in their life!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, two things:

    1.) Your boys are absolutely ADORABLE! You did good, Mama! :)

    2.) Your Father's Day gifts made me tear up!! They are amazing!

    It looks like you had a great weekend, spent with the most important men in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, you are so sweet! Thank you!! I'm a sucker for a Pinterest poem/photo combo! ;) We did have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love to read your comments! :)