Saturday, July 27, 2013

I'm looking forward to...

1. Fall. All of it--Pumpkin Spice Lattes ( I can taste heaven in a cup as I type!), changing leaves, sweatshirts, jeans, trips to every orchard and pumpkin patch in a 25 mile radius, and  a ridiculous amount of decorating, of course.

2. Planning Hudson's 1st Birthday. Let's get this straight...I'm not excited he's turning one because that has just gone WAY too fast. I just like the party planning and celebrating with family and friends aspect of it. Oh, and any excuse to eat, and eat, and eat cake! :)

3. Back to school. Can we get real for a second? I absolutely love being a stay-at-home mom, BUT those few hours of freedom I get in the morning are a godsend. Dawson will now be going 3 mornings a week from 8-11. He loves it, I love it...it's a win/win for all parties involved. Except for maybe his teachers who have to listen to his non-stop ramblings for 3 hours straight. ;) Oh, how I love that one-of-a-kind kid!

4. Changes. Changes can be scary, but they can also be good. We just found out that the house we are renting is being sold. We really loved this house (as much as you can love a house when you're renting), but I'm not a fan of the amount of rent we pay each month. We need to downsize, so this is actually a blessing in disguise. I'm definitely not looking forward to moving, packing, or the feeling of wanting to bang my head against the wall when all my crap is lost in boxes. BUT, I love rearranging and decorating...so I'm trying to look on the bright side. ;) Here's hoping I don't go crazy in the meantime while trying to find us somewhere else to live.

5. Halloween. I can look forward to this being the first year of dressing my kids in coordinating costumes already, can't I?! ;)

But mostly, I'm looking forward to Fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love to read your comments! :)